1.What is a sanitary valve?
Sanitary valve is a different type from industrial valves, It also called sanitary grade valve or food-grade valve. which is constructed from clean non-toxic stainless steel, designed to controls or regulates the movement of fluid or gas, especially used in food & beverage, dairy, brewing, pharmaceutical, daily chemical, cosmetics industries. Sanitary valve must easy cleaning-in-place (CIP) and circulate CIP fluids.
2.What standard or regulation does a sanitary valve requires?
3-A sanitary standard. The most common standard use in American for valve and fittings is 3-A sanitary standard. Which is specify the criteria for the design and fabrication of equipment that comes into contact with food. The guiding purpose of 3-A Sanitary Standards is to protect public health by using sanitary equipment. Want to know more about 3-A standard, please check this article A Primer for 3-A Sanitary Standards and 3-A Accepted Practices? Donjoy Sanitary valve and fittings are all hygienic design and meet 3-A standard.
FDA standard. The full name is the U.S. Food and Drug Administration(FDA Wikipedia ), which is another standard applied to valve gasket. Donjoy valve seal (e.g EPDM, PTFE, FPM, Silicone, NBR, HNBR) all comply with FDA standard.
ASME BPE standard is related to how to design and manufacture bioprocessing equipment like valve and pipe fittings intended for use in biopharmaceutical and personal-care products industries. Donjoy sanitary valve and pipe fittings as well as meet the standard. For more details please refer to ASME Wikipedia
3.What’s difference between a sanitary valve and an industrial valve?
Material. The sanitary valve body material must use health standards of stainless steel ASI 304 or 316L. But industrial valve body commonly uses carbon steel, alloy steel, cast iron or bronze, which are easily corroded or rust.
Metal surface. The hygienic valve and tube fittings require a high standard of the roughness to the metal surface, all parts that contact with the medium must be finely polished. Surface roughness is calculated measuring the average of surface heights and depths across the surface. This measurement is most commonly shown as “Ra”. SF1 RA20=0.51μm.
The ASME BPE surface finish table as below:
Seal. The seal inside hygienic valve is critical, must meet health standard. Donjoy sanitary valve seal comply with FDA standard.
4. The different application for the sanitary valve and industrial valve.
The sanitary valve application is food processing, water, beverage, brewing, dairy, daily chemical, pharmaceutical industries…
The industrial valve application is oil, gas, slurry, agriculture…
5. What types of sanitary valve have?
- Donjoy sanitary butterfly valve
- Donjoy sanitary ball valve
- Donjoy sanitary diaphragm valve
- Donjoy sanitary shutoff valve
- Donjoy sanitary check valve
- Donjoy sanitary mixproof valve
- Donjoy sanitary tank bottom valve
- Donjoy sanitary pressure relief valve
- Donjoy sanitary sampling valve
6.Valve Connection Type
There are some functional characteristics to end types. Connection end for sanitary valve include:
- Butt-welded Typically used in high-pressure or high-temperature operations
- Tri-clamped Easy for installation and maintenance
- Threaded For low-pressure pipe connection
- Flanged The most common industrial valve ends for high-pressure pipe connection
7.Sanitary Valve Connection Standard and Size: Matching the Pipeline
DIN and 3A, SMS dimension are most commonly used for sanitary pipe connection. Sanitary valve size often means valve port refer to the outside diameter(OD) of pipe.
DIN 11851 DIN standards refer to a series of technical standards originating in Germany. These standards are widely used throughout Europe to ensure norms for quality control, safety, environmental protection and rationalisation. Our sanitary butterfly valve DIN size is from DN10 to DN 300.
3A,SMS dimension in inches. It’s the most widely connection standard used in the world.
The benefit of working with sanitary valve manufacturer in China (Donjoy Technology CO., LTD)
- 1. We manufacture sanitary valve, pump and pipe fittings for 28years, which means we have rich experience, updated and optimized sanitary valve through generations, we solve the problem in advance, with premium quality.
- 2. Donjoy Technology factory covers an area of 29000 square meters, with more than 300 workers, provide stable production capacity.
- 3. With more than 200 patents, we have our own design and creativity to keep our products updated.
- 4. With more than 100 international certificates to ensure the products meet the sanitary standard.
- 5. Provide the best service and maximum support for customers, whatever before sales or after-sales.